On the last day of classes in June, the administration of the Holgate Center informed the school that they would not renew Puddletown’s lease—they want Puddletown’s space for offices by September 1—and that the school had under two months to relocate.
Since then, the terms have been renegotiated and Puddletown is allowed to stay (with few modifications) until January 2011.
Andrea, Puddletown’s director, is doing her best to convince the center to postpone further, giving Puddletown a year to find and renovate a proper space and disrupt the school year as little as possible.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2,000 to 3,500 square feet
- Some sort of outdoor space (can be a parking lot, which we can later make beautiful)
- Preferably ground floor (stairs can be an obstacle for city and state requirements)
- Spaces in churches, meeting halls, and other public spaces, which are often already appropriately permitted
- Commercial architects, structural engineers, and commercial real estate attorneys
About Puddletown School
Puddletown School, founded in 2003 and located in Southeast Portland, is a preschool and kindergarten for children ages 3 to 6 that uses the Montessori method to provide a nurturing environment to aid in the self-development of the whole child.
Director, Puddletown School
503 261 3963